- RSS Channel Showcase 6657498
- RSS Channel Showcase 8718240
- RSS Channel Showcase 8752189
- RSS Channel Showcase 7473615
Articles on this Page
- 01/29/17--07:03: _Advertising to Gene...
- 02/05/17--11:46: _When does spending ...
- 02/11/17--06:28: _No connection betwe...
- 02/21/17--12:03: _Advertising: TV or ...
- 02/28/17--05:04: _Marketers were sold...
- 03/04/17--05:00: _Are search ads real...
- 03/11/17--04:46: _Online advertising ...
- 03/27/17--15:54: _Can online ads take...
- 04/05/17--11:05: _Pepsi pulls ad afte...
- 04/13/17--11:41: _What bad online ad ...
- 06/10/17--08:06: _The dismal performa...
- 07/13/17--14:12: _Once again “experts...
- 07/18/17--15:09: _Advertising should ...
- 07/22/17--07:58: _CPG brands: Out of ...
- 07/23/17--09:22: _Power of advertising
- 01/29/17--07:03: Advertising to Generation Z
- 02/11/17--06:28: No connection between buzz and sales
- 02/21/17--12:03: Advertising: TV or digital?
- 02/28/17--05:04: Marketers were sold the Brooklyn Bridge
- 03/04/17--05:00: Are search ads really effective?
- 03/11/17--04:46: Online advertising fraud out of control
- 03/27/17--15:54: Can online ads take more hits?
- 04/05/17--11:05: Pepsi pulls ad after social media outrage
- 04/13/17--11:41: What bad online ad data is really telling us
- 06/10/17--08:06: The dismal performance of online ads
- 07/13/17--14:12: Once again “experts” try and tell us we “need video”
- 07/18/17--15:09: Advertising should sell a product, not win awards
- 07/22/17--07:58: CPG brands: Out of touch with consumers
- 07/23/17--09:22: Power of advertising
Generation Z, who have grown up with a smartphone in their hand, is now on the cusp of adulthood. Technology is an essential tool that has blended seamlessly into their lives from the start. The digital world is all they have ever known. Brands need to adapt quickly to the values and attitudes of this […]
The Super Bowl is a great advertising opportunity. The 2017 Super Bowl’s audience will be at least 110 million viewers. In terms of cultural reach, football’s championship game is twice the size of the biggest blockbuster. However, surveys of Super Bowl audiences have found that A 2013 study by Wesley R. Hartmann of Stanford’s Graduate […]
The post When does spending $5 million on the Super Bowl make sense for brands? appeared first on New Media and Marketing.
Here we go again! Numerous websites talking about the buzz generated by the Super Bowl commercials, but almost nobody talking about the connection between buzz and sales. In case you forgot advertising is supposed to generate sales. I tell clients that if I had the money they spent on one Super Bowl spot I could […]
. Here’s how they consumed it by device: Live TV – 84%, Time shifted TV (DVR) – 9%, Multi-media device (Roku, Apple TV, or any other gizmo attached to a TV) – 3%, Video on a PC – 4%, Video on a SmartPhone – less than 1%. But do ads on TV work or should you focus […]
It’s hard to believe that so many pseudo social media experts are still out there spreading bullshit like water. Any marketer that believes that social media marketing is still relevant needs to go back to school. OK.. brands need to be on social media, but not for marketing purposes, rather they need to be […]
Are search ads a waste of money? This isn’t to say that big brands should never invest in search advertising, but they should bear in mind that For instance, Gap might forgo search ads that would pop up when users search the company’s name or its best-known categories, such as jeans, and instead pay to appear in […]
Financial Times: Online advertisers are starting to wonder “what exactly they are paying for”. Although digital marketing is “vastly more efficient” than conventional advertising, because online ads on social media or websites can be tightly targeted at specific audiences the level of click fraud has brands asking if online ads are really worth the money. […]
Advertisers are screaming bloody murder. First, it was click fraud, now it’s ads appearing on hate speech videos on YouTube and Breitbart. More and more I am hearing from clients who are fed up with online ads and it shows no signs of letting up. Programmatic buying has become the norm for a lot of […]
Pepsi has pulled an ad featuring Kendall Jenner a day after it debuted. “Pepsi was trying to project a global message of unity, peace, and understanding. Clearly we missed the mark and we apologize. We did not intend to make light of any serious issue. We are pulling the content and halting any further rollout. We […]
Click fraud, bad metrics, and BOT’s are all leading a lot of marketers to question the effectiveness of Internet advertising but the that maybe the wrong message. What it should be screaming is that marketers need to put as much effort in developing online ads as they do offline ads if not more. I’m always […]
Very few brands are willing to put in the effort to achieve online ad success and it shows in the poor metrics. Too many just repurpose print ads or use the same ads that have been used before without any thought to increasing performance. I would like to suggest that in the crowded online space […]
If anyone tells you that you have to have video on your site or within social media let them know that and 85% without sound. Once again “the experts” are trying to lead marketers, and brands, down a path that wastes money. Do brands really need video content? It depends on the brand and the […]
The post Once again “experts” try and tell us we “need video” appeared first on New Media and Marketing.
Here we go again. Ad agency executives promoting the fact they received an award for an ad they developed for a client. However, what business writers forget to ask is “how much product did it actually sell?’. Every year agency people go to France to pat themselves on the back for producing great spots that […]
So why are so many consumer packaged goods brands in trouble? Just watch their TV commercials for a good idea. A cereal maker, trying to tell us their cereal is healthy because it’s non GMO despite the fact that there is enough sugar in a box to put us all in shock. How about Hershey’s advertising […]